As I hope you have heard, our Executive Committee made the difficult decision to pause our worship beginning this Sunday, March 15. We are so thankful for leaders who face such decisions prayerfully, thoughtfully and faithfully, especially when such decisions are difficult. One of the things we discussed last night was how vital community is right now.
What will community and worship look like if we are not meeting in person?
· -- Our deacons and Thandiwe are available for pastoral care, prayer and conversation any time. Please reach out to them.
· -- Videos and manuscripts of my sermons will be emailed to you by Sunday morning at 10:00 and they will be on our Facebook page and website. If you need/want these manuscripts mailed to your home, please contact the church office.
· -- Join a Sunday morning Zoom Meeting call at 10:00 am. We will share joys and concerns, a time of prayer and communion. All are invited to participate.
Sunday Worship Gathering by Zoom (Computer & Phone)
Time: Mar 29, 2020 10:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Sunday at 10:00 am
To Join Zoom Meeting using your Telephone:
If that number is busy, you can try one of these other access numbers:
Enter the meeting id followed by the pound: 966 390 616 #
You will be asked to enter your user number or press pound. Simply press #
To Join Zoom Meeting using your computer or smartphone
click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/966390616
Then click “Join Meeting”
Meeting ID: 966 390 616
Sunday Worship Gathering on Facebook Live
You DO NOT need a facebook account to watch our worship on Facebook Live
Click on this link: https://www.facebook.com/LovelandUCC/
When asked if you want to sign in simply click “Not Now” and you should be taken directly to the church’s facebook page with the livestream going.
· -- Join a Thursday evening conference call at 7:00 pm. We will share joys, concerns, and a time of prayer. Call-in numbers are the same as for Sunday.
· -- Reach out to one another, your family, neighbors and friends. Telephone calls and good old-fashioned snail mail are particularly powerful forms of communication right now.
· -- Check your email and the church’s Facebook page for prayers, reflections and updated resources about COVID-19 and recommendations for our wider communities.
· -- Don’t have Facebook or email? Our church officers will be working to implement a phone tree system to keep everyone connected.
· -- Please mail Financial gifts to the church to support our ongoing ministries. Our Trustees are working to enable giving through our website. We realize that many of us have been impacted financially by the coronavirus and that contractors and those working in certain fields face uncertainty about income in the weeks to come. Please continue to give to our church at whatever level you can so that we can continue to minister to and support those in our community in need of care and assistance.
Thank you for being patient as we use unfamiliar technology and learn as we go.
You can read a Letter from our Pastor here.
If you did not catch our latest sermon, check out it. We understand that you may not be able to make every service. We want to you to have the opportunity to read the sermon at your leisure.