Some of my favorite moments during worship are always when we finish a hymn a capella (without piano), and I have the opportunity to hear the congregation's beautiful singing. I would love to add some of those voices to our choir this year. This isn't a high-pressured "come join the choir!" campaign, but I thought some of you might have some questions about participating in choir and what exactly it entails.
Hope this helps:
1) You won’t have to audition - the choir is open to everyone
2) You DO NOT need to commit to attend every rehearsal and Sunday........Seriously!!
3) You don’t need any previous choral experience
4) I can promise you that you won’t ever be pressured to sing a solo (unless of course you want to).
5) You will have plenty of help learning the songs! In addition to our regular rehearsals, I put up recordings of our anthems on the website, and I'm always happy to plan a time to help you out individually.
There are also additional options for those of you who would like to participate in our music program in other ways. The bell choir performs during the Christmas and Lent seasons, and our worship band will continue playing about once a month.
Rehearsals are all on Tuesday nights. The choir usually practices from 7-8:15, but will be doing a "kickoff rehearsal" on Tuesday, September 4, from 6:30-8:30. We'll have a chance to get organized, sing through all of our music for the first quarter, and have an opportunity for fun and fellowship.
Bell choir practices are seasonal and on select Tuesday nights from 6-6:45 pm, and the band practices 1-3 times each month at 8:15 (those schedules are usually scheduled via email-just let me know if you want to participate).
Watch the bulletins and future newsletters for other important dates and information, and contact me if you have any questions or concerns.