Church opening recommendations from the Re-entry team
Kathy Miczulski, Myer and Jon Haux, and Paul Heintzleman
The Re-Entry team will continue to meet and to consider County, State, and UCC Conference guidelines when making recommendations to the Church Board. The Church Board will make final decisions regarding time and method of re-entry.
We recommend that in order to safely resume in-person worship, the following must be in place:
1) The Larimer County Risk Score is ‘low’ for a 4 week period, and the Status level is at ‘cautious’ or below. The Larimer County checklist must be completed and posted. It can be found HERE.
2) Training is provided for all church staff and volunteers on COVID-19 facts, numbers, transmission, sanitation and movement of people through the building.
3) The church will provide masks and hand sanitizer for staff, volunteers and congregants. Masks will be required of all on arrival. (Note: when worship leaders or staff are surrounded by 12 feet of empty space, they may remove their masks.)
4) If the number of people who can be in the sanctuary together is limited, the Re-Entry team will create a survey to determine who would like to attend, and a registration tool so that those that want to attend can reserve a seat.
NOTE: If someone is in an at-risk category or has had any COVID-like symptoms, we ask them to stay at home.
5) Movement flow will be established to prevent crowding or face-to-face encounter in entryways, hallways, gathering spaces and stairwells.
6) Signage about direction of flow, sanitation and seat spacing will be easily visible throughout the building.
7) At least 4 Ushers will be needed each Sunday/funeral/worship service to assist people with movement and seat spacing.
8) The church will be deep cleaned/sanitized following worship and/or meetings before the next group or worship session.
9) Worship services will also continue to be offered online. If possible, church business meetings will also be held virtually.
10) Coffee and fellowship time will be suspended until a later date.
Worship Details for Re-Opening:
1) All necessary parts of the worship service will be printed on recyclable bulletins (available as people enter the sanctuary) and/or on our screen.
All other materials must be removed from the pews.
2) Offering stations will be provided at the front and back of the church with people encouraged to give electronically.
3) The Nursery will be open for young children (up to age 4). Children’s Worship will remain suspended. Children may sit with their parents during worship. 4) The cozy corner may be used by one child/household at a time. The space must be sprayed with Lysol between uses.
5) Communion may be done using individually wrapped elements.
6) There may be solo singers and special music, but no choir or hymns yet. This will be revisited as updates occur.
7) The congregation may participate in responsive readings and the Lord’s Prayer.
8) Outdoor worship will follow similar crowd flow practices, with ushers guiding entrance and exit, and people providing their own seating. Masks and hand sanitizer will be provided.